It happens every year, the end of summer. Kids everywhere have to give up the long, carefree days and head back to class. Wouldn’t it be nice to send your kids back to school with a few things to help make life a bit easier? Join me as we create a DIY project sure to help your child stay happy, healthy and calm while learning new things at school this year!
We all know how hard the staff at your childs’ school works to keep everything neat & tidy, but some spots do get missed. Why not give your child the ability to wipe down their hands and space at the lunch table before eating? These handy wipes can be placed in your childs’ lunch box in small zip top baggies and used daily to ensure clean hands and a clean place where they can eat
Lunch time hand wipes
What you’ll need:
- 10-20 paper towels, folded
- quart zip-top baggie
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dish soap
- Germ Destroyer
What you’ll do:
- Mix water, dish soap and essential oils in a glass measuring cup
- Place folded paper towels into zip-top bag
- Pour into zip-top bag
- Place in your childs’ lunch box and have them first wipe their hands and then their lunch space before eating
Another helpful tool is a personal inhaler. If you haven’t used one (or even heard of it before) you’ll want to check out this article Personal Inhaler Tips & Tricks to discover these amazing little portable aromatherapy devices. At the end of a long school day, there is often homework. Allow your child to keep their concentration while they compete their nightly tasks – Learn how to make inhalers for concentration:
Inhaler for homework
- Use 5 drops spearmint and 10 drops of lemon on the wick of a personal inhaler to keep your student alert as t hey finish their take home assignments
- Use A+Attention on the wick and allow your child(ren) to sniff as needed while working through their homework
Lastly, we all know how important a good nights’ rest is. This ensures your child is ready to learn and has the energy to make it through the long school day. In order to promote normal, restful sleep why not try one of these great blends in the diffuser for about 30 – 60 minutes before your child goes to sleep:
- Nighty Night formulated to promote a sense of well being and restfulness and allow you or your child to drift off to sleep while leaving they days behind.
- Sweet Dreams formulated to encourage a restful night of sleep with minimal interruptions
We all know the importance of sleep, so your child can be ready for the next day! Why not try a brief hand/arm massage with Calming the Child body cream. Starting at the shoulders, apply the lotion with firm (but soft) downward strokes. Work all the way tot the finger tips and finally tuck your child into bed to drift off to sleep.
Thanks for joining me as we create new products to benefit your family! If you have any questions, concerns or comments please feel free to email us at Aromatherapist@planttherapy.com Plant Therapy has a staff of 5 Aromatherapists who are happy to answer your questions about essential oils! We also have a fabulous Facebook group which you can find by clicking here: Safe Essential Oil Recipes where you can hang out with other Plant Therapy fans and share amazing recipes, tips and other essential oil related topics!