1. Dish Washer: measure 1 cup of vinegar and pour in the bottom of your EMPTY dishwasher. Run as usual.
- I do this about once a month when I notice a film starting to build up on my glasses.
- I also add 1 drop of Lemon essential oil to the dishwasher before the wash cycle for spot-free dishes.
2. Washing Machine: measure ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup water and put in your detergent drawer (for front loaders) or right in the wash basin for top loaders. Run through a normal cycle. When the cycle has completed, wipe the rubber seal with a wet cloth and leave the door open to air out.
- I haven’t done this yet because I wash my towels and clothes with vinegar and I feel like that is cleaning my washing machine! Recipe found HERE.
3. Floors: The correct ratio of water to white vinegar is ½ cup white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm/hot water. If you are washing your hardwood floors, make sure they are sealed before trying this.
- I have not tried this because I do not have hardwood floors in my home. If you choose to try this recipe let me know how it works! I would love feedback!
4. Refrigerator: mix one tablespoon vinegar to 16 ounces water and put in a spray bottle – spray on shelves and walls on interior of refrigerator and wipe clean. This same solution can also be used on the exterior of your refrigerator.
- I add Germ-Fighter Synergy Essential Oil to this recipe. About 10 drops. This helps kill the bacteria and germs. You could also use Tea Tree or Lemon.
5. Stainless Steel: mix one tablespoon vinegar to 16 ounces water and put in a spray bottle – spray on a microfiber cloth and wipe clean.
- I add Eucalyptus essential oil or Lemon. They are both great at cleaning stainless steel and making it shine!
6. Coffee Maker: fill coffee pot with equal parts water and vinegar. Pour in the water dispenser and run coffee pot as normal. Empty water and vinegar from coffee pot and run 2-3 cycles with just water. Wipe with clean, wet dish cloth until clean.
- Again I have not tried this one. Let me know what your thoughts are!
7. Carpet: use an equal parts ratio of water to vinegar and rinse thoroughly. I use this to spot clean.
- Depending on what I am cleaning I will add Germ-Fighter Synergy or Tea Tree essential oil to kill the bacteria and germs. I will add about 5 drops of essential oil to 1 cup of mixture.
8. Garbage Disposal: pour ¼ cup vinegar and 10-20 drops of Germ-Fighter Synergy, Tea Tree, Lemon, Orange or your favorite essential oil in disposal and let sit for a couple minutes. Run cold water in disposal and turn on disposal to clean.
- I love doing this! I will do it about twice a month. The essential oils will help kill the bacteria in the disposal and help it stay smelling good longer!
- Vinegar is a natural whitening agent so it will help keep your toilets white and shiny! And again the essential oils will kill all the bacteria and germs! Tea Tree will help fight the fungi too if that is a problem.
10. Tile and Grout: make a past of baking soda and vinegar and scrub on scummy tile. Rinse with warm water.
- I have not tried this recipe because I use the Homemade Soft Scrub Recipe found HERE. This also has vinegar in it and I think it works miracles!
It’s amazing ALL of the things that you can do with vinegar! They smell amazing, are ALL natural and cost a lot less than store bought cleaners!
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Plant Therapy and it’s representatives are not intending to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.