Mmmmmmmmm. These smell divine! In my search for homemade Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, I found THIS post about homemade Gelatin Air Fresheners using essential oils! Who would have guessed?! I think they are beautiful and they smell wonderful, perfect for Mother’s Day!!!
What you will need:
- 1 once granulated or powdered gelatin (Will be available on posergy.com 4/27 )
- 2 cups water divided into (2) 1 cups
- 1 Tbsp of salt
- 20-30 drops of you favorite Essential Oils (I used Sensual and Tranquil)
- Food coloring You only need like one or two drops. I think I added to much! (optional)
- Heat proof container to put gelatin air fresheners in
- small sauce pan
- Stick to stir gelatin with
Bring one cup of water to a boil in the small saucepan. Add the gelatin. Whisk until smooth and gelatin has dissolved. Once gelatin is dissolved add the salt and second cup of water. Set aside.
Add the essential oils and food coloring to the jar. Dump the gelatin mixture on top and stir. Allow to cool.
Aren’t these great! They smell so good and I think they are so cute. I used a large size gelatin to get a texture. I wanted to be able to stir mine when the smell got low. I love the way it turned out. They kind of look like the Crystal Air Fresheners. Nobody would guess that you made these yourself. Plus, they are not full of all of the toxic perfumes!! Your Mothers, and everyone else in their lives, will thank you!!!!
**Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog for more easy Mother’s Day Gift Ideas. Enter your email address on the right hand side at Follow Our Blog!